Thursday, November 18, 2010



George: You know what the three most exciting sounds in the world are?
Billy: Uh-huh. Breakfast is served; lunch is served, dinner...
George: No, no, no, no! Anchor chains, plane motors, and train whistles.

                                                        
  Scene from It's a Wonderful Life

The Old Geezer in his great blog recently posed this question to his readers:

Where is one place in the world you would like to visit before you die?

There were many great responses to the question.
But, the responses got me asking myself:

Why do many of us never visit the places we want to see?

It's always easy coming up with reasons not to go.
The challenge is to come up with reasons that inspire you to start traveling before it's too late.

In your final moments, are your excuses for not going to the places you had wished to visit going to be acceptable to you?

Edinburgh, Scotland - My favorite place in the world.

2 comments:

  1. Why do many of us never visit the places we want to see? Probably a lack of money has a lot to do with it?

    BTW, It's a Wonderful Life is one of my all time favorite movies :-) If I remember correctly it was made in 1946, the year I was born.

    I hope you have a great weekend, ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah.
    Money is a big one.

    It's a Wonderful Life is one of my all time favorites, too.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete